In July, nearly 41% of Australia’s inhabitants was on Instagram.
And, with Australia being one of many largest internet and social media growth regions, its Instagram audiences are prone to maintain getting greater.
Yes. No matter what nation you are advertising in, Instagram’s platform is primed for model consciousness. You would possibly assume with progress stats like this, Australian manufacturers are dashing to Instagram.But that is not the case — many Australian companies are literally lacking out on the alternatives Instagram affords. In reality, current analysis reveals that only 32% of Australian SMBs use it of their social media technique.
Although Instagram sounds promising, SMBs with restricted time, finances, or bandwidth could be hesitant so as to add any new social platform.
Why? Even although an Instagram account can majorly increase native and international model consciousness, constructing a scalable technique for it may possibly appear intimidating and time-consuming for smaller manufacturers.
Luckily, Australian companies do not simply should launch an Instagram account and hope it really works. In 2020, there’s loads of knowledge that may assist these manufacturers decide if the platform is suitable for his or her objectives, and how one can interact Australian audiences as soon as they’ve made a Business web page.
If you are an Australian social media marketer trying to enhance your Instagram technique or are working to spice up a model’s Australian presence from afar, listed here are 20 stats to find out about Australian Instagram utilization, advertising, and peak engagement instances.
Australian Instagram Usage Stats to Know
Australian Instagram Users
- There had been 10.45 million Instagram customers in Australia in July 2020: roughly 40.8% of its total inhabitants. (NapoleonCat, 2020)
- Australian Instagram customers grew from simply over 9 million to 10.45 million between May 2019 and July 2020. (NapoleonCat, 2020)
- 46% of Australian social media customers say they usually use Instagram, making it the second hottest channel within the area. (Yellow Sensis Social Media Report, 2018)
- Most Australian Instagram customers are girls, with the very best ratio of girls to males being within the 45-to-54 age group. (NapoleonCat, 2020)
- More than 3.2 million Australian Instagram customers are 25 to 34, making them the biggest person group. (NapoleonCat, 2020)
- Roughly 9.1 million Instagram customers are listed as over 18. (Laurel Papworth, 2020)
- 48% of Australian Instagram customers comply with a model on the platform. (Yellow Sensis Social Media Report, 2020)
- Instagram is the third-most-used non-gaming cell app in Australia. (We Are Social, 2019)
Instagram User Behavior in Australia
- More than 51% of Australian Instagram customers go surfing to the app a minimum of three to 5 instances every week. (Statista, 2018)
- Three regularly-trending Instagram hashtags in Australia are #images, #Australia, and #Sydney, which have 450 million, 55 million, and 28 million posts related to them, respectively. (Talkwalker, 2019)
- 45% of Australian social media customers have taken a selfie for platforms comparable to Instagram. Selfies posts are extra frequent amongst males and 18 to 29-year-olds. (Yellow Sensis Social Media Report, 2018)
- Roughly 40% of Australian social media customers have posted an image of meals on channels comparable to Instagram. (Yellow Sensis Social Media Report, 2018)
Australian Business on Instagram
- 22% of Australian SMBs have marketed on Instagram (Yellow Sensis Social Media Report, 2020)
- 32% of Australian SMBs have an Instagram account, in comparison with 90% and 33% respectively on Facebook and LinkedIn. (Yellow Sensis Social Media Report, 2020)
- Instagram influencers whose accounts had been about yoga skilled 127% progress in total Australian engagement in March 2020. (Statista, 2020)
- Also in March 2020, hotel-related Instagram accounts skilled a 100% lower in Australian engagement. (Statista, 2020)
Peak Engagement Times in Australian
- When utilizing Instagram in any international area, one of the best time to put up to get native put up engagements is 2 PM and three PM in your model’s timezone. (HubSpot, 2020)
- The greatest day to put up on Instagram in Australia is Thursday within the AEDT timezone. (ShareMyInsights, 2020)
- Weekday posts on Instagram get extra impressions from Australians than weekend posts. (ShareMyInsights, 2020)
- When aiming for international put up engagement, one of the best instances to put up on Instagram from Australia are 12 AM to 2 AM, 6 AM to eight AM, and 9 PM to 10 PM AEDT. (ShareMyInsights, 2020)
Growing Australian Brand Awareness with Instagram
From wanting on the knowledge above, it is clear that Australian companies can profit from Instagram, which has an enormous pool of customers that can comply with, interact with, and probably buy merchandise from all types of manufacturers on the platform.
But, merely creating an Instagram account and forgetting about it won’t boost your brand awareness. To actually acquire viewers engagement, you may need to create an lively account with content that entertains customers, grabs their consideration, and educates them about your model and your merchandise.
If this record has impressed you to get forward of the one-third of Australian SMBs missing out on Instagram, try this guide or the free useful resource under for confirmed recommendations on constructing an efficient Instagram technique.