If you’re accountable for your firm’s communications, you will have quite a bit on your plate always.
You’re dealing with media relationships, working with your social media crew, and monitoring information about your firm. You’re additionally ensuring your communications are crisis-ready if wants be.
As we’ve already talked about, you need to use content curation to make the job of your communications crew considerably simpler. With it, you possibly can construct a basis that’s simple to make use of and lets you work extra effectively.
There’s even higher information: you need to use content curation for internal communications, too.
This consists of:
- Engaging your workers
- Turning workers into firm advocates
- Defining and selling your firm imaginative and prescient internally
- Sharing business tendencies
- Publishing and selling firm information internally
In this guide, we’re diving into the advantages of content curation for internal communication and tips about making a central hub for all your internal communication wants.
Benefits of content curation for internal communication
Content curation gained its recognition as a method of sharing content from different individuals and/or corporations on social media.
However, it’s an act of choosing, modifying, and sharing third-party content with your target market—and that viewers can merely be your firm employees.
Here’s how this interprets into advantages for your crew and the remainder of the corporate.
Build the last word place for all company-related content
If information about awards, firm updates, or new jobs get despatched across the firm by emails and instantaneous messages, nobody can ever ensure they’ve the latest and related model of the information.
With content curation, you possibly can commonly add most up-to-date content, replace the present one, and take away outdated items. This means, each worker could have the entry to the most recent:
- Version of the corporate values and imaginative and prescient
- Active job listings
- Currently scheduled firm occasions
- New hires
- Active campaigns and promotions
- Press protection
- Team constructing plans and concepts
Here’s how an energetic job listings web page would possibly appear to be:
Having this central hub of internal information and firm’s focus will give everybody confidence and peace of thoughts.
Reduce the time spent on emails
If you’re sending emails or direct messages when sharing a bit of reports or asking for a newer model of an internal firm replace, you’ll love content curation.
Consider this: sending that message means you need to step away from your work. It additionally makes your message recipient step away from theirs. This leaping between duties is known as context switching, and it might probably take up to 25 minutes to resume a task after interruption.
Another draw back of sending one message or electronic mail after the opposite? An inbox stuffed with hyperlinks that’s exhausting to navigate and makes specializing in an important work even tougher.
With a one-stop answer—a platform with curated content that the precise individuals can reference on the proper time—everybody may be extra productive and spend much less time chasing the precise piece of data.
Drive real worker advocacy
When your workers know they’re being taken care of and stored updated, they change into your firm’s ambassador.
Employee advocacy is a successful strategy for everybody: engaged employees improve firm’s profitability, carry out higher, and convey extra empathy to the office.
With content curation, you possibly can hold your workers constantly up to date and up-to-speed on every little thing that’s related to their crew. In return, they might change into extra engaged with their very own audiences when speaking about their work, and assist you:
- With lead technology and gross sales
- Recruit prime expertise
- Distribute your firm’s content
- Spread the phrase about causes your firm participates in
Want to know extra? Make positive to take a look at this guide on content curation and worker advocacy.
How to curate content for internal communications
You know the why behind content curation for your internal communication processes. In this part, let’s go over some key steps to make content curation simple.
We’ll present you some key features of Scoop.it that gives you the pliability and effectivity you want.
Build the precise matters/content hubs
In the earlier part, we’ve talked about some major areas the place content curation will help you retain your firm up-to-date. Here’s what this might appear to be in follow.
Let’s say you’re a software program firm with 300 workers. Some of your internal communication content hubs is perhaps:
- Company Culture: add pages and supporting paperwork about mission assertion, imaginative and prescient, and values
- Product Roadmap: add assets like internal wiki discussions, product mockups, and so on. to showcase what’s developing subsequent
- We’re Hiring: hyperlinks to all at present energetic job postings
- New Hires: hyperlinks to profiles and about pages of all new hires from the final 3-6 months
- Recent Press: hyperlinks to all articles, movies, podcasts and so on. the place your firm was featured over the past Three months
In Scoop.it, matters are merely particular person pages you need to use to group numerous curated content round a single class. In this use case, you’d create one web page per bullet level above, identical to this:
The above listed matters ought to be accessible to all workers of your firm, however there could also be circumstances when sure matters are solely related and essential for particular groups and roles. In every matter’s settings, you possibly can set this as much as be as particular as you want it:
Add and evaluation content commonly
Remember that your curated content for internal communication will solely be invaluable if it’s appropriate and up to date on the time it reaches your workers.
In different phrases, curating content for this goal isn’t a one-and-done exercise. Instead, be sure you do common evaluation and upkeep of this content.
- Add a recurring job (a minimum of each 2 weeks) to your calendar to evaluation all your matters, take away any up to date content, and add most up-to-date variations
- Publish a easy means for workers to succeed in out to you in case they discover an expired hyperlink or outdated info so you possibly can tackle it, with out it overwhelming your inbox
Bonus tip: You can add members of your crew or different workers as approved curators to a selected matter. This is very useful while you want enter from different crew leads or executives and it’ll save time each for you and them!
In Scoop.it, that is simple to do in matter settings beneath Teams:
Share with the precise individuals
Even one of the best internally curated content received’t be useful if nobody makes use of your centralized system and retains emailing you for newest firm updates.
In different phrases, utilizing a instrument like Scoop.it as the principle place to retrieve essential info should change into a behavior for everybody.
Scoop.it makes it simple for you to assist with this course of in a number of methods:
- Embed your Scoop.it matters on your intranet. This means, everybody can merely bookmark pages most related to them and entry them at any time.
- Integrate Scoop.it with networks like Yammer. This makes it simple for workers to speak as typical, whereas including insights and related hyperlinks from related matters.
- Send company-wide or team-specific internal e-newsletter with the important updates. This means, your workers can get used to common, scheduled updates and know they’re all the time geared up with an important info.
Measure and hold bettering
Finally, you possibly can monitor all your internal communication efforts in Scoop.it and discover alternatives for enchancment as you go.
In the Analytics part of every matter web page, yow will discover metrics corresponding to:
- Overall views, guests, scoops, reactions, followers, and curators
- Reach (day by day, weekly, month-to-month), tendencies over time, location-specific metrics (nice if in case you have distant staff or a number of places of work)
- Engagement corresponding to reactions and followers
- Top curators (nice if in case you have a number of contributors to your matter pages)
- Data from Google Analytics
You may export reviews for particular time ranges and metrics, which is helpful if you happen to’re assembly with others concerned in your internal communications.
Level up your internal communications course of
Thanks to content curation, you possibly can have an empowered, assured, all the time up-to-date workforce.
This will assist everybody perceive upcoming tendencies, information, and firm development. It can even carry everybody on the identical web page in the case of firm values, mission, and large objectives going ahead.
Want to see how you are able to do this with Scoop.it? Get a demo of Scoop.it Enterprise and get began inside minutes.