By Brandon Olson May 26, 2021
Learn how one enterprise remodeled $30,000 in new gross sales in a single day utilizing email marketing, and how one can, too.
Getting new purchasers within the door is vital. But it’s typically simpler and more cost-effective to look to your present customers to extend your income.
Because they already know, like, and belief you. They have already seen worth from your relationship.
In reality, the success price of promoting to a buyer you have already got is 60-70 percent, whereas the success price of promoting to a brand new buyer is 5-20 %. And present customers are 50 % more prone to strive new merchandise and spend 31 % more, when in comparison with new customers.
Still not satisfied?
Let’s check out how Jonas Troyer, proprietor of Troyer Websites, made more than $30,000 in new gross sales from his present customers in someday utilizing 4 emails, all of which he despatched via his AWeber account.
Related: How to Make Money with Email Marketing
How Troyer Websites generated over $30,000 in new gross sales utilizing AWeber
Troyer Websites provides web site design providers, along with some complementary providers, like search engine marketing (search engine optimisation), social media promoting, graphic design, and more.
Troyer needed to herald more enterprise for his search engine optimisation providers, so he got here up with a 15% off one-day promotion to cross-sell an annual bundle of search engine optimisation providers to his present web site customers.
He despatched 4 emails to his present buyer listing of much less that 500 subscribers, all on the identical day ⏤ one within the morning, one at lunchtime, one within the mid-afternoon, and one at evening.
Why did his emails work so successfully? Let’s have a look at a number of the ways that labored in Troyer’s favor.
How to write down emails that drive motion
Create urgency via shortage
Scarcity drives a concern of lacking out, or FOMO, and generates demand. Troyer’s emails highlighted that the 15%low cost was solely out there for a restricted time and that he solely had restricted spots out there.
His last “last chance” email dialed up the FOMO by saying his firm would “probably never do this again.”
Create curiosity via exclusivity
Because Troyer’s customers had been already paying him for different providers, providing a reduction on one other service appeared like an unique alternative only for them.
Use benefit-focused language
Your potential customers don’t simply wish to know what providers you provide. They wish to know the way it’s going to profit them.
Use language that focuses on the advantages to the client. What firm doesn’t wish to “show up on the first page of Google?”
Use social proof
One of the simplest methods to develop your enterprise is phrase of mouth. Leveraging buyer testimonials and success tales will help different potential customers really feel more assured in doing enterprise with you.
Troyer used social proof in his emails, sharing a video the place he walks via two of his search engine optimisation purchasers’ web sites and the outcomes they’ve seen in working with Troyer and his crew. This helps place his promotion in a method that potential purchasers can see how they may profit from his search engine optimisation providers.
How to do that with your customers
If you provide complementary services or products, you may cross-sell these to your present customers.
- Create and publish a touchdown web page in AWeber to gather cost from your customers.
- Use AWeber Ecommerce to gather funds and tag customers primarily based on their buy. This will mean you can see what number of gross sales you’ve made from your present customers. Make certain to use tags to your customers after they make new purchases so you may goal extra provides to them sooner or later.
- Create a phase of your customers primarily based on previous purchases. You can do that by both looking for tags primarily based on previous purchases, or importing tags from a spreadsheet primarily based on purchases.
- Draft an email (or collection of emails — referred to as a marketing campaign) to your customers concerning the complementary services or products you’d like to supply them, and hyperlink to the AWeber touchdown web page you created.
- Schedule your email to go to your phase of customers and watch the gross sales roll in.
Ready to extend your gross sales with your customers? Create a free AWeber account and get began at present.