Danny Sullivan of Google did certainly one of his reminder blog posts on the Google weblog to spotlight in your web site how clients can contact your organization for assist. Google stated this will Google present your foremost cellphone quantity versus a third-party assist supplier.
Danny Sullivan wrote that you simply wish to make sure that to spotlight this data in your web site for Google to (1) make sure that individuals are straight contacting a enterprise, reasonably than reaching a third-party claiming to have a licensed relationship that may’t be verified and (2) assist Google direct folks to appropriate assist mechanisms, comparable to itemizing an organization’s assist phone quantity reasonably than a basic switchboard quantity.
The particular recommendation Google offers round that is :
(1) Add a contact or assist web page to your web site
(2) List all assist strategies together with e-mail, chat, social media, phone, or different strategies.
(3) No cellphone assist, then Google says take into account including a recorded assist data on a cellphone quantity with no dwell particular person.
(4) If you’re employed with licensed third events to supply assist, take into account itemizing these in your assist web page.
(5) Optimize your featured snippets to point out your contact data.
(6) Post your enterprise within the Google Business profile in Google My Business.
I believe Google is on the point of crack down a bit extra on unauthorized assist channels. But clearly Google didn’t outright say that, and that is simply my guess.
Update: Google informed me “In our webspam report, we famous that we’re more and more preventing towards the rise of some of these customer support scams on-line. We’re posting this partially as a reminder for companies about how they can assist us higher determine official numbers to guard customers from being scammed.” So perhaps my guess was not too far off?
Forum dialogue at Twitter.