With 2.6 billion people actively using Facebook every day, Facebook has grow to be a go-to element of virtually any inbound advertising technique.
But as an increasing number of Facebook options change, so does the method of organising a Page.
Don’t waste one other day aimlessly poking round on Facebook attempting to work out how to get your Page posted. We constructed this information to assist you keep away from losing time on a advertising asset that ought to work for you.
(If you are in search of suggestions and assets for the way to leverage your Facebook Page as soon as it is up and operating, try our complete information to Facebook marketing).
What is a Facebook Business Page?
Your Facebook Business Page is basically your organization or group’s “real estate” on Facebook. It constitutes your principal Facebook presence — the place you will publish updates, share content from staff and clients, and hyperlink to when referring to your corporation elsewhere on Facebook.
Consider your Facebook Business Page your Facebook “home.” Moreover, your Facebook Page is not a static web site. Sure, there can be static components like your About info and canopy picture, however to handle your Page appropriately, it needs to be constantly up to date with content.
But let’s not get forward of ourselves. First, we’ll stroll you thru how to create a Facebook Business Page. We’ll focus on what to publish on it later.
How to Create a Facebook Business Page
- Create a new Page.
- Add memorable photos.
- Choose a username and assign a CTA.
- Edit your Page information.
- Understand your Page settings.
Follow these steps to get your Facebook Page up and operating in no time.
1. Create a Page.
To start, head to Facebook. On the left-hand menu, select Pages > Create New Page. This ought to launch the Page creator inside your Facebook interface.
Enter your Page identify and select up to three classes. Type in a temporary description — what your corporation does, the providers you present, or the aim of the Page in beneath 255 characters. You ought to see this info populate the best facet of the Page creator.
Once completed, click on Create Page.
(Note: I like to recommend rigorously choosing your identify. Although Facebook permits you to change your identify and URL as soon as, it is a tough and tedious course of.
2. Add photos.
Clicking Create Page should not transfer you off the Page creator. You’ll see two extra prompts added to the left-hand menu: to add a profile picture (170 x 170 pixels) and canopy picture (1640 x 856 pixels).
Add a emblem or widely known picture on your profile picture. If you have got different social media accounts for your corporation, think about using the identical profile picture from these to hold your on-line presence constant.
For your cowl picture, select a picture that represents the aim or theme of your Page
You ought to see these photos populate the best facet of the Page creator. When completed, click on Save.
3. Choose a username and assign a CTA.
After the earlier step, Facebook ought to transfer you to the Facebook Business Page dashboard the place you will handle all different points of your Page.
This interface can really feel overwhelming, so bear with me. First issues first, select a username on your Page. A username helps folks discover your Page in search and permits them to simply tag your Page when posting about your organization. Your username additionally makes up your Facebook Business Page URL.
For the instance beneath, I selected @cloverconsignment. So, my Facebook Page URL could be https://fb.me/cloverconsignment.
Next, click on + Add Action Button to add a CTA to your Page. This needs to be the motion you need your guests to take once they go to your Facebook Business Page.
Facebook provides 10+ completely different CTA choices, from Shop Now to Learn More to Contact Us, and a few enable you to enter your web site to assist drive visitors.
4. Edit your Page information.
After setting a username and selecting a CTA, click on More > About in the principle menu. This will navigate you to your Page information, the place guests will go to study extra about your group.
Click Edit Page Info in the highest proper nook to replace this info.
There are many fields to replace right here. Here’s what to deal with:
- Location: If you are a native enterprise, enter your corporation handle so guests can discover you.
- Hours: Brick and mortar companies ought to enter their retailer hours as some buyers could reference their Page to see once they can go to.
- Price vary: You do not have to fill out this designation, however it might assist to specify the worth vary of your services to goal the best buyers.
- Additional contact information: Input your web site, cellphone quantity, and e mail so guests can contact you exterior Facebook. This info will even assist drive Facebook visitors to your web site and merchandise.
- More information: The description you added in the first step needs to be beneath “About.” You can add extra info beneath “Additional information,” and you’ll write in a mission or imaginative and prescient assertion beneath “Impressum.”
5. Understand your Page settings.
In the left-hand navigation, click on Settings on the backside. The left-hand menu will change to extra detailed classes, and the best facet interface will listing (seemingly) numerous choices.
I encourage you to skim via these settings and get accustomed to what every could change or replace in your Page. In the meantime, nevertheless, I’m going to unpack a few core settings to know.
- General > Others Tagging this Page: Make positive that is checked as it’s going to enable others to publish about and share your Page.
- General > Similar Page Suggestions: Make positive that is checked so Facebook recommends your Page to new followers and followers.
- Messaging > Show a greeting: Turn this on so your Facebook Page will robotically ship your followers a greeting when open Messenger.
- Templates and Tabs: If you want to rearrange the menu in your Page or the knowledge supplied to guests, you are able to do this right here.
- Notifications: This part permits you to customise when and the way you need to obtain Page alerts. Set a frequency that matches your social media advertising schedule.
- Page Roles: Whether or not you will be the principle supervisor of the Page, there could also be others at your group who want entry to your Facebook Page. Here, you may invite different colleagues to make adjustments to your Pages. Some frequent use circumstances right here embrace:
- A public relations supervisor who wants to reply to any delicate questions.
- A help consultant who can help these asking technical questions.
- A designer tasked with importing new picture artistic to the Page.
What to Post On Your Facebook Business Page
Congratulations! Your Facebook Business Page is up and operating (identical to I promised). Now it is time to work … and by work, I imply publish in your Page, constantly.
As I stated in the introduction, your Facebook Page ought to not be a static web site. To handle your Page appropriately, it needs to be up to date with content on a common foundation.
Moreover, it is best to have a good quantity of content printed earlier than you invite users to be a part of your growing community. Who needs to comply with a clean Page, anyway?
When posting in your Page, use a number of content — photos, video, GIFs, memes, shared buyer content, or graphs.
What photos would your viewers like to see? What stats would they like to learn? What hyperlinks would they like to click on? Ask these questions to jumpstart a Facebook brainstorm.
If you publish a notably spectacular or thrilling publish, you may pin it to the highest of your feed. Do this by clicking the little gray arrow in the top-right nook of the publish and tapping Pin to Top to transfer it to the highest for seven days.
You also can use this characteristic for product bulletins, enterprise anniversaries, and different main occasions pertinent to your model.
When you have got sufficient content in your Page, begin strategically inviting customers to Like it. I like to recommend inviting customers in the next cadence:
- Invite colleagues to Like your web page and its content to construct some preliminary exercise.
- Invite supporters in your community. Encourage them to interact.
- Invite clients. With some exercise now on the Page, they’ll be extra .
Promote your Page by sharing its content in your different social networks and together with a hyperlink to your Page in your web site and your e mail signatures.
How to Measure Your Facebook Business Page
The work you place into your Facebook Page ought to ease over time. How? By keeping track of what sort of content your viewers prefers and likes to interact with.
To measure your Business Page exercise and progress, click on Insights on the left-hand menu. From right here, you may monitor how individuals are partaking together with your Page and content, thus displaying you what content to deal with sharing in the longer term (and what content you are able to do away with).
You must also measure your efforts to make sure you’re making useful advertising selections on Facebook. Under Insights, it is best to see the next:
- Overview: This tab reveals a seven-day snapshot of your metrics corresponding to Page Likes, publish attain, and total engagement.
- Followers: This tab provides you details about your followers and the way that quantity has modified over time.
- Likes: This tab reveals your total fan progress and losses. If you are using paid efforts, you will find a way to see the breakdown of paid versus natural progress.
- Reach: This tab highlights the uncooked variety of folks your Page is reaching daily. If you discover spikes on a particular day, attempt cross-checking what you posted that day to see if you happen to can replicate that attain.
- Visits: This tab signifies the place on Facebook your viewers are coming from. You can see the distinction in visits on Facebook Timelines, your info tab, critiques, and others.
Other tabs like Posts, Events, and Stories present you particular exercise round these sorts of Page content.
Over to You
Facebook is now not a “nice to have;” it is a necessity for any enterprise growing a robust inbound advertising technique. Use this information to construct a profitable Facebook Business Page to interact your viewers and drive visitors to your web site.
Want to see how HubSpot makes use of Facebook? Like our Facebook Page here.
Editor’s observe: This publish was initially printed in October 2014 and has been up to date for accuracy and comprehensiveness.