At the start of 2021, I used to be tasked with an project: Create a pie chart showcasing which kinds of content carried out finest on the Marketing Blog in 2020.
The query was an undeniably vital one, as it might affect what kinds of content we wrote in 2021, together with figuring out new alternatives for development.
But as soon as I’d compiled all related information, I used to be caught — How may I simply create a pie chart to showcase my outcomes?
Fortunately, I’ve since figured it out. Here, let’s dive into how one can create your individual excel pie chart for spectacular advertising and marketing reviews and shows. Plus, how to rotate a pie chart in excel, explode a pie chart, and even how to create a three-dimensional model.
Let’s dive in.
How to Make a Pie Chart in Excel
1. Create your columns and/or rows of knowledge. Feel free to label every column of knowledge — excel will use these labels as titles on your pie chart. Then, spotlight the information you need to show in pie chart kind.
2. Now, click on “Insert” after which click on on the “Pie” emblem on the high of excel.
3. You’ll see a few pie choices right here, together with 2-dimensional and three-dimensional. For our functions, let’s click on on the primary picture of a 2-dimensional pie chart.
4. And there you could have it! A pie chart will seem with the information and labels you’ve got highlighted.
If you are not proud of the pie chart colours or design, nevertheless, you even have loads of enhancing choices.
Let’s dive into these, subsequent.
How to Edit a Pie Chart in Excel
1. You can change the background coloration by clicking on the paint bucket icon underneath the “Format Chart Area” sidebar.
Then, select the fill sort (whether or not you need a stable coloration as your pie chart background, or whether or not you need the fill to be gradient or patterned), and the background coloration.
Pie Chart Text
2. Next, click on on the textual content throughout the pie chart itself if you would like to rewrite something, broaden the textual content, or transfer the textual content to a new space of your pie chart.
Pie Chart Border
3. Within the Format Chart Area, you possibly can edit the border of your pie chart as nicely — together with the border transparency, width, and coloration.
Pie Chart Shadows
4. To change the pie chart field itself (together with the field’s shadow, edges, and glow), click on on the pentagon form in the Format Chart Area sidebar.
Then, toggle the bar throughout “Transparency”, “Size”, “Blur”, and “Angle” till you are proud of the shadow of your pie chart field.
Pie Chart Colors
5. Click the colour paint palette, on the high left of excel, to change the colours of your pie chart.
Excel gives a vary of complementary colours — together with a few presets underneath “Colorful”, and a few presets underneath “Monochromatic”. You can click on between the choices till you discover a coloration palette you are proud of.
(Alternatively, if you would like to change the colours of your pie chart items individually, merely double click on on the pie chart piece, toggle onto the paint part of the Format Chart Area, and select a new coloration.)
6. Change the chart title by clicking on the three bars graph icon in the highest left of excel, after which toggling to “Chart Title > None”, “Chart Title > Above Chart”, or “Chart Title > Centered Overlay”.
Change Location of Data Labels
7. On the identical three bar graph icon, click on “Data Labels” to modify the place your labels seem on the pie chart. (For occasion, would you like the pie chart items labelled in the center of every pie chart portion, or on the skin?)
8. If you’d choose to change which information seems in the pie chart, click on “Switch Row/Column” to see alternate info aligned out of your unique information set.
How to Explode a Pie Chart in Excel
1. To explode a piece of your pie chart (which may also help you emphasize or draw consideration to a particular part of your pie chart), merely double-click on the piece you need to draw back.
Then, drag your cursor till it is the gap you need it, and also you’re all set!
How to Create a 3D Pie Chart in Excel
1. To create a three-dimensional pie chart in excel, merely spotlight your information after which click on the “Pie” emblem.
2. Then, select the “3-D Pie” possibility.
3. Finally, select the design possibility you want on the high of your display screen.
How to Rotate a Pie Chart in Excel
Finally, to rotate your pie chart, double-click on the chart after which click on on the three-bar icon underneath “Format Data Point”.
Then, toggle the “Angle of first slice” till you’ve got rotated the pie chart to the diploma you need.
And there you could have it! You’re nicely in your method to creating clear, spectacular pie charts on your advertising and marketing supplies to spotlight vital information and transfer stakeholders to take motion.
Ultimately, you may need to experiment with all of excel’s distinctive formatting options till you determine the pie chart that works finest on your wants. Good luck!