By Kelly Forst February 24, 2021
Not a video whiz? You don’t have to be to ship movies that create an emotional connection along with your subscribers.
If you’re not creating video — and selling video in your e-mail advertising and marketing — you’re lacking out on some severe viewers engagement and income progress.
People love watching advertising and marketing movies. Here’s the proof:
Creating a video might look like a frightening job. But don’t fear! The necessary factor is to take that first step and make that first video. It received’t be excellent, however you’ll be on the street to greater and higher movies very quickly.
Here’s all the pieces you want to learn about getting began with video e-mail advertising and marketing.
But first, what’s video e-mail advertising and marketing?
Video e-mail advertising and marketing is solely incorporating movies into your emails. Video advertising and marketing is a robust approach to join with individuals on a deeper degree. And, as we’ve already talked about, individuals love watching movies to find out about a model or subject.
Typically, movies are displayed in emails just like the one under from Niice:
While movies received’t play inside the inbox due to Internet Service Provider restrictions, displaying a thumbnail just like the one above tells a viewer immediately that it’s a video.
In order to watch, viewers will want to click on the thumbnail picture and watch the video from the internet hosting platform.
8 Steps to Effective Video Email Marketing
1. Brainstorm video concepts
Brainstorming is like sketching out the preliminary ideas of a home that you really want to construct. Can you construct one with out that step? Sure. But it received’t be simple.
Brainstorming for a video e-mail advertising and marketing comes down to answering three fast questions:
Question 1 – What will individuals get out of this video?
Question 2 — What would you like somebody to do/really feel?
Question 3 – What is my video going to seem like?
Jot down the solutions to these questions, however bear in mind, you’re not married to something throughout the brainstorming section. You’re simply placing your sensible concepts on paper and developing with inventive video concepts.
If the aim of your video is to promote one thing, then the factor you need individuals to get out of the video is the data obligatory to persuade them to make a purchase order.
2. Determine the aim of your video
How do you try this? A typical approach is to current an issue, then reveal how your services or products is the answer to that downside.
Take the next downside/resolution situation:
Problem: Putting video in emails is a ache – you’ve to take a screenshot, create a play button, layer the button on the screenshot, add the screenshot to your e-mail, then hyperlink the screenshot to your video.
Solution: Use AWeber’s video component within the drag-and-drop editor.
Setting up this type of downside/resolution construction is a good way to begin the muse of your video. From there, it’s only a matter of filling within the “how.”
You would possibly discover that your aim is slightly totally different – and that’s OK. Video has a ton of makes use of for getting essential data out to your viewers. You would possibly make a video with the aim of:
- Being shared – humorous, quirky movies work nicely for this
- Growing your e-mail checklist – detailing why somebody ought to enroll, and what they’ll get out of your checklist
- Building a relationship – a behind-the-scenes video helps you join along with your viewers
- Evoking a sense — The feeling you allow your viewers ought to join to your aim. If you need your viewers to take motion and do one thing (like add a video into an e-mail), maybe the sensation you’re going for can be “motivated,” since you’re utilizing your video to hook somebody’s curiosity and inspire them to do one thing.
- Going viral – If you need to have your movies shared quite a bit, you may want to evoke a sense of “delight” as an alternative. You would possibly even discover that you really want to evoke a mixture of emotions as an alternative of just one.
3. Figure out the look and really feel of your video
Next, determine the idea and format of your video. Should you be on digital camera? Or must you do a display screen recording?
There are a number of forms of movies to contemplate:
- Talking-head type video: This video options a number of individuals speaking into the digital camera. This kind is nice for conveying any data that doesn’t essentially want to be proven, comparable to recommendation, business information, updates, and so on.
- Screen recordings: these are nice for demos or tutorials, like this one the place we present somebody how to arrange their AWeber account for the primary time. And whereas these are nice for anybody with a SaaS product, they will additionally work as an incredible instructing instrument when paired with a slideshow.
You may do a combo of each kinds. Coming up with inventive video concepts doesn’t have to imply sticking to one type.
4. Create a storyboard and script
Storyboarding will allow you to to visualize the steps you’ll absorb your video, whereas a script will allow you to keep on job whereas truly recording your video.
How you create the script is up to you. If you want to communicate from the guts, and solely want a number of bulleted speaking factors, nice! If you need to write out a full script, that’s fantastic too — simply be sure it doesn’t seem like you’re studying from a script verbatim or it received’t be participating.
5. Set up your tools
You don’t want fancy video tools to incorporate movies into your emails.
If you’re doing a display screen recording, all you’ve to do is open up the recording software program of your alternative (like QuickTime or Loom) and hit document!
For extra data on how to create a display screen recording, what tools to use and recommendation on modifying, watch this video:
For dwell movies, listen to lighting to make sure you seize clear and clear visuals. Now that doesn’t imply you’ve to buy costly lighting tools to obtain this look. Instead, goal for areas or rooms which are well-lit.
A typical digital camera that movies video is all you want; even your iPhone will work simply fantastic (simply don’t use your laptop computer).
For audio, you should utilize an iPhone suitable clip-on mic. Also, strive to discover a location that has as little environmental noises as attainable.
For extra detailed data on dwell filming, being on digital camera and studying scripts, take a look at this video:
6. Set up a video internet hosting platform
Hosting your movies on-line makes it attainable on your viewers to simply watch them. It additionally provides you a hyperlink to share with others.
Our crew’s favorites embrace Vimeo and YouTube. Wistia is one other nice internet hosting platform, however we advocate it as you scale up your video content technique. Learn extra about video internet hosting under:
7. Spread the phrase: Incorporate movies in e-mail
With a good e-mail advertising and marketing instrument like AWeber, including videos in email is incredibly easy.
If your instrument has a drag and drop editor, all you want to do is drag the video component into your message editor, embrace the hosted video’s hyperlink, and voila! All that’s left to do is press ship.
8. Keep a watch on engagement
When analyzing the efficiency of your movies and whether or not they’ve had an influence on engagement, bear in mind your objectives from step #2.
If your aim was to drive gross sales, then contemplate the clicking by means of price in your emails. If your aim was to go viral, then take a look at what number of shares your video has had.
Get began with video e-mail marketing
Need some extra assist getting began? We created a helpful guidelines for you with the 9 steps to getting began with video e-mail advertising and marketing very quickly.